Markforged; An Industrial Revolutiondpcct
Print stronger. Prototype faster. Innovation Accelerated. Revolutionary.
Markforged has taken 3D printing to an industrial revolutionary level. Their latest rendition to their product lineup changes the 3D game entirely. Introducing the Metal X, first ADAM 3D printer of its kind at a fraction of the cost. Producing metal parts will improve capabilities for automotive parts, engineers, manufacturers, machinists and medical industries. Create anything from industrial replacement parts to injection molding to working prototypes and functional end use parts.
- Build in laser sensory processing
- Diffusion Additive Manufacturing (ADAM)
The Print System
The built in laser sensory inspection processing is the same technology used in the Mark X, it gives quality and precision with very print by scanning parts mid-print through cloud-based software. Ensuring dimensional accuracy with each micron down to the most critical tolerances and also notifies you when there is an error, displacement or misconfiguration – saving time and materials.
New Manufacturing Method for Engineering Metals: ADAM
ADAM is the newest technology advancement, Atomic diffusion additive manufacturing to speed up design time to strong metal parts. Parts are printed layer-by-layer with a contained plastic binder that dispenses a metal powder. After printing, the plastic binders that hold the metal powder are removed and the part is sintered into the customary engineering metals. The technology sinters the entire part in one step, allowing the metal crystals to grow through the bond layers, which eliminate the layer-by-layer, which other 3D printing processes uses.
Metal X Specifications
- Large build volume (250mm x 220mm x 200mm)
- Foot print 575 mm x 467 mm x 1432 mm
- In-process laser inspection for dimensional accuracy (introduced with the Mark X in 2016)
- Integrated metal-material handling system
- Full integration with Eiger cloud software platform (available also in local storage and on premise versions)
- Cloud-enabled build camera
- Stainless Steel
- 303 & 17-4 Stainless steel: High Strength, corrosion resistance (maintains resistance up to 800C), and hardness. Most commonly used in aerospace, medical and petroleum industries.
- Aluminum 6061: Excellent machinability, strength and weldability.
- 7075: Strongest aluminum alloys. Excellent fatigue strength, high strength to weight ratio. Most commonly used in structural steels, aerospace and automotive racing.
- Tool Steel
- A-2: Impact resistance, used for punches, dies and form of tooling.
- D-2: High carbon and chromium content, great hardness and abrasion resistance. Most commonly used for cutting tools.
- IN Alloy 625: Impressive strength, heat resistance, chemically resistant and pressure. Most commonly used in jet engines, medical applications and very difficult to machine.
- Ti-6Al-4V: Highest strength to weight ration of any metal, also high tensile strength and fatigue resistant. Most commonly used for lightweight applications, medical applications and joint replacement.
Markforged is a trusted brand for 3D printing technologies; Gregg Mark has spent years working in production only to learn that there are better opportunities to streamline processes better. His ideas have developed the first carbon fiber 3D printer as well as revolutionary Onyx materials, changing the way industries produce parts, decreasing time to marketing and saving company’s money.
Markforged Industrial Strength 3D printers produce end use functional parts, solve industry problems and create revolutionary parts. For more information, visit https://markforged.com/metal-x/